This Exceptional, Successful Event in the Hub of Medtech Innovation and Investment in Ireland Has Concluded. See this Page for Details on our Nov. 2016 Emerging Medical Technologies (EMT) Summit, and Dublin 2017 Conferences! Sign Up Here to be Added to our Mailing List for Program Updates.
The Shelbourne Dublin, a Renaissance Hotel
27 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Tweet About Our Event! #IIMDUBLIN2016
Program Highlights (Full Agenda Posted Here):
Presentations by 40+ Hand-Selected Start-Up Medical Technology Companies seeking investment and/or partnership, with breakout sessions
Keynote Presentation: “The Future of Medical Technology … Where Does the Medtech Industry Go From Here?” by Stephen Oesterle, MD, Venture Partner, New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and Corporate Advisor to Temasek Holdings and EQT
Keynote Presentation: “Building Great Companies: A Fireside Chat with Hank Plain” – General Partner, Lightstone Ventures
MedTech Innovator Dublin
Host: Paul Grand, Managing Director, RCT Ventures & Head, MedTech Innovator
Judges: Albert Lauritano, Director, Strategic Technology Partnerships, BD Technologies; Alan O’Connell, Partner, Seroba Life Sciences; Zeev Zehavi, Vice President Venture Investments, Johnson & Johnson
Ten Medtech and Digital Health start-ups competed over 2 days in Dublin as part of the 2016 Global MedTech Innovator Competition. The companies will each privately pitch a panel of judges from Johnson & Johnson, BD, Seroba Life Sciences, RCT Ventures, and other VCs on April 12. Four companies will then be selected by the judges to compete for the audience vote on April 13 at Innovation in Medtech for prizes that include an all-expenses paid trip to Minneapolis, MN and a scholarship to attend and present in the Innovation Showcase program at AdvaMed 2016. All ten companies will also have the chance to advance to the MedTech Innovator competition with $250,000 in prizes and the industry vote as MedTech Innovator of 2016.
Click Here for the Latest Details on the MedTech Innovator Competition
Spotlight Sessions – Unparalleled access to top-tier medtech VCs discussing their perspectives and investment strategies, moderated by David Cassak and Stephen Levin
– “The New Transparency Directive: The Impact on Physician/Medtech Company Relations” – Serge Bernasconi, CEO of MedTech Europe, Eucomed, EDMA – MedTech Europe; John Olden, Partner, Eugene F. Collins; William Wijns, MD, Chairman PCR and Chairman, PCR Innovators Day
– “Finding Money and Building Collaborations in China” – Ty Hu, Founder and CEO, InnoVentures Medical Accelerator; Kewen Jin, CEO and Co-Founder, Symap Medical; Howard Levin, Co-Founder, President, and Chief Scientific Officer, Coridea
– “Achieving Great Exits – A Fireside Chat with Andrew Cleeland” – Former CEO, Twelve
– “Raising Capital in Singapore” – Mike Carusi, General Partner, Lightstone Ventures; Hanson Gifford III, Managing Partner, The Foundry
– “Assessing the Medtech Opportunity: The LPs’ Perspective” – Adelaide Cracco, Investment Manager, European Investment Fund; James Brennan, Senior Investment Manager-Private Equity, Ireland Strategic Investment Fund
– “New Models in Company Creation” – Hanson Gifford, Managing Partner, The Foundry, LLC; Tim Lenihan, Partner, MD Start; Richard Mason, Head Johnson & Johnson Innovation; Thomas Weldon, Co‐Founder, Chairman & Managing Director, Accuitive Medical Ventures
– “Commercializing in Emerging Markets – A Fireside Chat with Jeff Jump” – Former CEO, Biosensors
– “Alternative Sources of Capital” – Aris Constantinides, General Partner, Kreos Capital; Helen McBreen, Investment Director, Atlantic Bridge Capital; Julien Michaux, Director Venture Investments, Norgine Ventures; Francesca O’Brien, Head Associate, Syndicate Room; Martin Pfister, Senior Investment Manager, High-Tech Grunderfonds Management
– “Investing in Digital Health: A Medtech VC’s Perspective” – Janke Dittmer, Partner, Gilde Healthcare Partners; Thom Rasche, Partner, Earlybird Venture Capital; Klaus Stoeckemann, Managing Partner, Peppermint Venture Partners
– “Beyond Technology: Building Companies Through Commercialization” – Simon Cartmell, Operating Partner, Imperial Innovations; Rob Kieval, Chief Development Officer, CVRx, Inc.
Panel Discussions featuring key strategic business development and investment decision makers from the U.S., Europe and around the world, moderated by David Cassak and Stephen Levin
Corporate Panel: “Understanding Strategics Today”
– Edward Andrle, Senior Vice President, New Ventures & Business Development, LivaNova Group
– Christopher Cleary, Vice President of Corporate Development, Medtronic
– Townsend Goddard, Director, Sales & Marketing, Surgical Endoscopy Group, Olympus
– Stan Rabinovich, VP, Discovery Advanced Technology, Edwards Lifesciences
– Alan Rae, Vice President, New Business Development, Johnson & Johnson
– Zeev Zehavi, Vice President Venture Investments, Johnson & Johnson
Venture Capital Panel: “European Medtech VC Today”
– Daniel Bertholet, Investment Director, Endeavour Vision
– Jason Lettmann, Partner, Lightstone Ventures
– Justin Lynch, Partner, Fountain Healthcare Partners
– Daniel O’Mahony, Partner, Seroba Life Sciences
– Antoine Papiernik, Managing Partner, Sofinnova Partners
– Josep Sanfeliu, Partner, Ysios Capital Partners
– Naveed Siddiqi, Partner, Life Sciences, Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners
– Rainer Strohmenger, General Partner, Wellington Partners
– Zeev Zehavi, Vice President Venture Investments, Johnson & Johnson
EY Presentation: “Shifting Trends in Medtech” – Ben Perkins, Partner, Head of U.S. Life Sciences Mergers and Acquisitions, EY
Intertek Presentation: “Risk Analysis as a Design Assurance Tool”
Networking Breaks, Breakfasts, Lunches, Evening Cocktail Receptions
This medical device industry investment and networking conference – which has earned the reputation as the top medtech investment conference in Europe – took place April 12-14, 2016, at the historic and centrally located Shelbourne Dublin Hotel, overlooking St. Stephen’s Green. DUBLIN 2016 was hosted by Innovation In Medtech, along with Platinum Sponsors Johnson & Johnson, Seroba, Enterprise Ireland, EY, and Eugene F. Collins, and Co-Sponsors PMI, Lightstone Ventures, CBSET, databean, genae, ICON, IMMR, BSI, AIB, Intertek and the Medical Devices Group.
Our team, including David Cassak and Stephen Levin, managing partners at Innovation In Medtech and editors-in-chief of The MedTech Strategist, have more than 25 years of experience in organizing and hosting top-tier medtech investment and networking events, including the highly regarded DUBLIN 2015 event. We planned and executed a fantastic program for DUBLIN 2016! The 2.5-day conference featured presentations by 45+ early-stage medical device companies from around the world, along with thought-leading guest speakers, on-stage interviews with key device executives and VCs, and insightful and timely panel discussions (see speaker and panelist bios here), all providing candid insight on topics of utmost importance to all with a stake in the rapidly evolving global device market.
The DUBLIN 2016 attendee list included top medical device VCs and senior business development executives from Ireland, many other European countries, the U.S., Asia, and beyond, along with management teams from many of the most promising start-ups in the device space.
If your emerging device company is raising capital or looking for quality strategic partners, or if your organization is seeking cutting-edge medtech investment opportunities, our conferences are must-attend events. If your company would like to attend, present or sponsor at an upcoming event, or if you have questions, please contact us today!